As fall fully engages us with the prism of beautiful colors of orange, yellow, and reds blazing in the leaves and across the sky and reflected in our decor, the vibrancy it brings will sustain us as we accept the invitation to reflect.
Soon enough the more neutral colors of winter (depending where you live) will call out for “nesting,” our favorite warm comfort foods and with earlier sunsets this is a better than ever time to go within.
“[S]He lived at a little distance from his body, regarding his own acts with doubtful side-glances. [S]He had an odd autobiographical habit which led him [her] to compose in his [her] mind from time to time a short sentence about himself [herself] containing a subject in the third person and a verb in the past tense.”
― James Joyce, Dubliners
No matter what Halloween persona you take on you always come back to yourself. Consider taking inventory now, shedding the old skin, making room for the new. And as calendar pages run out to soon be replaced with new ones, as 2014 comes to a close, we need to take a deep breath.
7 Questions to Get You Started
Looking at your life now, are you living your ideal life?
- If you were to have only months left to live how would you live it?
- What are the best lessons you have learned so far?
- What advice would you give to your past self? (think who you were 3-5 years ago)
- Is there something you are still holding onto? Why do you think you are still holding on to that?
- What opportunities are you waiting to come?
- If you are capable of making these opportunities how will you do it then? Looking back what are you most grateful for?
- Give thanks everyday and celebrate turkey day if you want.
Love yourself enough to forgive, let go of regret and love in every way possible. Wishing you abundance in all the best life has to offer you and that you have to offer it!